- Mark Matney of Matney Law PLLC community involvement includes Americans for Prosperity, Hosted three community outreach events to teach people financial skills for becoming more self-reliant, Lobby Day activities, Grass Roots Academy
- Denbigh Warwick Business Association
- Virginia Peninsula Food Bank, Legal Frenzy participant, Participated with other lawyers to raise support for the Food Bank in 2015 & 2016
- Legal Clinics for Community of Faith Mission, 2014 & 2015
- Peninsula YMCA, fundraiser 2016
- Mr. Matney attends Relevant Church in Williamsburg.
- Alliance Defending Freedom, 2008 National Litigation Academy, Allied Attorney. Mr. Matney has donated more than 700 hours of legal services through Alliance Defending Freedom. Upon reaching 450 hours he became part of their Honor Guard. His volunteer work has included providing legal clinics, serving on the boards of nonprofit organizations, and advising churches and ministry leaders.
- Cameroon Mission Trip – Joint project of Hope Outreach International Ministry and Evangel Theological Seminary, August 2013, 2 weeks instructing School of Practical Ministry for pastors and other ministry leaders
- Classical Conversations, 9th grade Tutor/Instructor for homeschool community, Fall, 2012
- Operation Mobilization – One year mission trip to Montreal, Quebec, Fall 1992 to Fall 1993, Outreach to young people living on the city’s streets
- Law School at William & Mary: Christian Legal Society, Honor Council, Peninsula Legal Aid
Mark Matney, of Matney Law, PLLC, has served on the following boards:
- New Town United Methodist Church, Leadership Board, January, 2014 to December, 2016. Served on the following subcommittees: Finance, Staff-Parish relations, Nominations, Communications.
- Care Net Pregnancy Resource Centers, Previous board member, 2 years.
- Evangel Theological Seminary, Previous board member, 3 years.
Mark Matney was the 2015 Republican nominee for Virginia’s 1st District State Senate race.